Are you wanting to sell your house as-is but don’t know how to do it? While houses have a much better chance of selling in good condition, you can still find value in a house of any state. Selling your house as-is is a great way of reducing your overall investment in trying to unload a property. Keep reading this article to learn how you can sell any house as is!
What Does As-Is Condition Mean?
In order to understand how to sell your house as-is, you must first understand what that term means. As-is is a way of indicating to your buyer that your house does have issues. If a buyer still wishes to purchase your house knowing this, they are purchasing the property “as it is”. This means any necessary repairs, issues, or remodels will become the buyer’s responsibility.
Ramifications of Selling As-Is
Relinquishing the responsibility of maintaining the home is great for a seller. But this certainly comes with a cost. When a house is labeled for sale as-is, most buyers tend to have a negative response. Some savvy buyers see an as-is sale as an opportunity, giving them access to an amazing home at a discounted price. If you plan on selling your house as-is, you should expect the following repercussions:
- Bad Impression – Whether it’s warranted or not, most people assume a house being sold as-is has significant problems. Some as-is houses certainly do, but that doesn’t mean that every as-is house is a complete disaster! Try to make your listing as clear as possible with great photos and descriptions to give buyers a better idea of what as-is actually means for your house.
- Lower Price – If you decide to sell your house as-is, then your house automatically decreases in value. While this may seem harsh, the label is an indicator that the house may or may not have issues, so buyers beware. If you know what the issues are, you must disclose them. Major issues will drop your house value significantly. On the other side, minor problems are likely to be less of an issue.
- No Repairs! – Best of all, you won’t need to shell out any money for repairs! Having a house repaired can be quite a hassle. That is why some owners opt to avoid doing so altogether by selling as-is. If you’re interested in getting a little more value for your house, consider taking care of some simple fixes that go a long way in the eyes of a buyer.
How to Improve Your Chances of a Sale
You’d probably prefer to sell your house in good shape so you can get the most money. Sometimes you’re just better off selling as-is. This comes with the unspoken assumption that it will be tougher to sell your home. But there are ways to increase your chances. Depending upon how much work you’re willing to put in, the more effort you expend, the greater your chances of making a good sale. Here are some other excellent ways to improve your chances of selling as-is:
- Focus on Positives – One of the easiest things you can do is to focus on the positive aspects of your home. If you loved living in your house, then there is surely something about it that makes it so great. Sure, you made plenty of lovely memories there. But were you fond of the spacious living room or ample number of bathrooms? Perhaps you have access to a breathtaking view every morning, something you just can’t put a value on! Don’t exaggerate, but don’t be afraid to highlight great parts of your house.
- Curb Appeal – Another simple way to up your odds is to take a look at your curb appeal. Most of your time spent with your house is inside it. This is the main perspective you view your house through. But that isn’t everything a buyer will see. In fact, the first thing your buyer will see is the exterior, something you might not think twice about! Take some time to view your house “from the curb” to see how you can make it look appealing from that perspective.
- Get an Inspection – If you want to take things up a notch, you can get a professional to perform an inspection on your house. They can thoroughly examine your house top-to-bottom and inform you exactly what is wrong with the house. This can allow you to have accurate information when disclosing to a buyer. Alternatively, you can use this information to plan repairs if you think it is worth it.
- Minor Fixes/Remodeling – Even though the greatest benefit of selling a house as-is means no repairs, sometimes a minor fix or remodel is worth the hassle. Especially if you’ve already had an inspection done. Then, you’ll know exactly what you should fix. Anything that could serve as a dealbreaker, like a collapsing roof, plumbing problems, or termite damage should all be fixed and will net you the greatest chance of making a sale.
Ben Buys Indy Houses Wants Your As-Is Home!
If you have a house in need of repair but aren’t interested in shelling out money for it, then you should sell it as is! Selling your house as-is allows you to sell your house in any condition. That is so long as you fully inform a potential buyer about what they’re attempting to purchase. The as-is label does tend to have a negative association, so this can make it tougher to sell your house.
If you want to increase your chances of making a sale (that actually nets you a good return), you should focus on the positive aspects of your house when describing it. You should also improve the external appearance of your home. If you feel up to it, you can also schedule an inspection or even handle minor repairs to restore some of the lost value.
All of those are great ways of improving your odds, but you can guarantee a sale by selling to Ben Buys Indy Homes! We buy homes in the Indianapolis area in any condition, giving homeowners the biggest bank for their buck. You can avoid the hassle and stress of trying to sell an as-is home on your own by calling us today! There’s no easier way to make a sale and no other place that’ll offer you more for your as-is home!