If you think that families and prospective residents are the only buyers interested in your house, then you aren’t alone. Another type of house buyer, known as a cash home buyer, can provide you with an alternative (and much more reliable) form of sale! There are often misconceptions associated with selling your house for fast cash, but the benefits almost always outweigh the risk. Check out the rest of this article for more information about home buyers advertising: We Buy Houses Indianapolis!
Selling Your House for Fast Cash
These days it seems like everyone wants to offer you cash seemingly for free, but it is always too good to be true! When you hear of cash home buyers that are easily recognizable by signs with statements like: We Buy Houses Indianapolis and Cash For Homes, you probably feel the same way.
However, cash home buyers are a legitimate way to quickly sell your house at the cost of receiving less than your asking price. Selling your house to a local cash home buyer is a great way of selling fast, but it’s also an excellent solution because it lets you sell as is. This means that you can sell your house in any condition and still receive a fair offer for it!
Who is This Right For?
A cash home buyer is useful for selling any house, but what homeowners is this a good option for? The simple answer is everyone, but some people may prefer to take their chances of getting more money on the open market. Unfortunately there is no guarantee this will happen, which also makes cash buyers perfect for a backup plan.
Here are some great situations for selling your house for fast cash:
- Recently Divorced – Divorce is always a sensitive topic, but it can get worse when there is a house that needs to be distributed. Obviously you can’t split a house in half, so the easiest way to handle this is to sell the house and distribute the proceeds.
- Financial Struggles – If you are having a hard time fulfilling your financial obligations, then cutting out one of your biggest expenses, a house payment, is a good way of making ends meet. Especially if you can’t afford the house payment and you’re nearing foreclosure, a cash home buyer can give you some financial flexibility.
- Tired Landlords – The prospect of making passive income rental property is very enticing for some homeowners. If you do manage to find a good renter that causes minimal issues, this is definitely possible. Unfortunately, bad tenants are very common and cause quite the headache. Rather than hassle and negotiate with them, you can just sell for cash to rid yourself of the problem altogether!
- Time Savings – Another good reason is to save yourself some time! Selling your house can easily take months, which will be filled with doing things to prepare the house and help it sell. Your time is valuable, so you can save all of this by committing to a fast sale instead!
What’s the Catch?
There are several good situations for selling to a cash home buyer, but at this point you are probably wondering what the catch is. There are two important things you should be aware of:
- You won’t get your asking price: There is no deception here – you won’t get the asking price that you are looking for. Cash home buyers are looking to resell your house for a profit, but consider what responsibility they are accepting in exchange. You don’t need to spend any time or money on your house. When you add up the total costs from repairs, remodeling, realtor commission, fees, closing costs, and anything else that comes up, the difference in price that you receive from a cash home buyer isn’t actually much different from what you’d have at the end of the day had you sold on the open market.
- You still need to pay off your mortgage: When you hear that you get cash for your house, you may think that this means that you get to walk away with a fat stack of cash. You do get a nice sum for your house, but you are not freed from your responsibility to pay off any mortgages or loans you owe on the house. Many times this means that you’ll have just a fraction of the bigger value, but this shouldn’t come as a surprise if you are selling from a position of being in financial distress.
The Importance of a Reputable Local Buyer
It is absolutely critical that you only sell to a reputable local cash buyer. There are many businesses advertising: We Buy Houses Indianapolis, but not all of them will respect your situation and your former house like it deserves. You need a trustworthy buyer because this will directly impact your experience and how much money you receive.
A bad cash buyer will lowball your house and give you an offer that can feel downright insulting. They can also be uninformed, completely unaware of all the legal requirements and consequences that come with selling a house for cash. Worst of all, you may encounter a buyer that has no true intention of giving you any actual cash! If you want to receive a fair offer from a reputable cash buyer, then doing some research can help you determine if you are making the right choice.
We’ll Buy Your House for Cash in Indianapolis
You’ve probably seen the signs that say: We Buy Houses Indianapolis, but have you ever actually considered selling your house this way? This is an excellent solution for homeowners facing divorce, financial struggles, rental challenges, or for those that just don’t have the time to sell their house on the open market. Cash buyers are legitimate, but you must work with a reputable one to ensure that you’re getting a good deal.
A local Indianapolis cash home buyer you can trust is Ben Buys Indy Homes! We are a small, family-owned local business and we deeply appreciate the ability to help homeowners within our own community. Selling a house can be downright difficult, but we can make everything simple for you. Give us a call today so we can run you through the whole process to make you feel confident about selling your house!