One of the biggest challenges facing homeowners when they sell their house for cash is how to make sure they get a fair offer. We can help you get a fair cash price for your home today – but whether you are seeking to sell to a cash home buyer like Ben Buys Indy Houses or just to another homeowner who wants to pay cash, it’s important to know a few things about selling a house for cash.
How to Get a Fair Cash Price For Your Home Today
One of the first things you have to do when receiving a cash offer for your house is determine whether it’s a fair one. In many cases, you can expect a cash offer to be slightly lower than what your asking price may be. This is especially the case if the buyer is willing to purchase the house without waiting for renovations. Investopedia has a great article here on determining what is a fair price for your house. Of course, if you’re working with a realtor, they will be able to offer you expertise. If you’re choosing to sell it yourself, there’s a bit of legwork required!
Pros and Cons of Cash Offers
There are a lot of things to consider when it comes to whether or not a cash offer is a good idea. Here are a few of the pros and cons that come along with the convenience of a cash sale.
- Quicker turnaround than a financed offer, even as little as a week.
- Cuts down on the number of fees that need to be paid (including some of the closing costs).
- Many people who are making a cash offer are willing to overlook needed upgrades and renovations in favor of buying the house quickly.
- Can be more prone to fraud – be sure to request proof of funds if someone is making you a cash offer.
- Expect to receive 60 to 80 percent of your asking price, not a full 100 percent.
- If selling FSBO, you’ll likely need to price lower in order to sell – but bear in mind that you won’t have to pay commissions or fees to your realtor upon closing. (Read more about closing on a cash offer here.)
The convenience and speed of cash sales outweigh the potential pitfalls for many homeowners. Be vigilant and alert and watch for red flags – things like no haggling, wanting to buy the house without seeing it, etc. – and trust your instinct. Overall, though, a cash sale can be a great way to get your house sold quickly, easily and get the money in your hand.
So, if you don’t have a fellow homeowner who is willing to purchase your house for cash, or you find that they are not offering you a fair price, what can you do? You need the money, you need to get this house sold – what option do you have?
Perks of Selling to Ben Buys Indy Houses
Contact Ben Buys Indy Houses! We’re an accredited cash home buyer in the Indianapolis area with an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. Our team is made up of local people who love this city and want to see it flourish. Here are a few things you should know about our process:
- Contact us and we’ll get back to you ASAP to start the process. If we can get the information quickly, we can make you an offer and complete the purchase of your house in as little as seven days! That’s right – within one week, you can have your house sold.
- We promise to make you a fair offer. We pride ourselves on our integrity and honesty. No need to fear underbidding or scams – we want to be sure that you are getting a good price for your home.
- You can take time to consider our offer before accepting it. No pressure to decide on the spot.
- Since we are not realtors, there are no commissions or fees to pay us! All closing costs will be paid.
- There is no need for remodeling or improvements, we buy your house in as-is condition.
- We also can work with you to stop foreclosures.
- We also purchase condos, multi-family housing, former rental properties and commercial property.
Contact Us Today
If you need to get a fair cash price for your house, please contact Ben Buys Indy Houses. We want to make this as stress-free for you as possible. We are eager to help you get your house sold quickly.