If you were hoping to sell your home before fall but you just haven’t found the right buyer, it’s not too late. Many home sellers feel that they would fare better to sell their home in the spring and summer months, but the benefits of selling your home before year’s end are great too.
BenBuys.wpengine.com advises you to not rule out a fall listing, you may be surprised to learn that there are still plenty of buyers out there looking for that perfect home. And by taking your home off the market – or never listing it in the first place – means you are missing out on potential buyers for your home. Let’s take a look at the benefits of selling your home before year’s end.
Benefits of Selling Your Home Before Year’s End
One of the big benefits of listing your home in the fall months, is simply to rule out the competition. Since most home sellers are going with the mentality that their home won’t sell because fall has begun, means your home will have more interested buyers.
Having little to no competition could also result in a higher selling price. Since many buyers are looking to get into their new home before the holidays, they will be more likely to offer asking price, or close to it.
Take Advantage of the Weather
If you list your house in the fall or winter months, you may think that you’ll never get it sold – after all, the weather will make moving difficult. But that’s the point that you want to use to your advantage. A buyer may feel rushed to move before the worst of the weather hits, which may result in a higher price and a quick sale.
Just be sure to have your house in move-in condition, that will help it sell quickly when the bad weather and the holidays are right around the corner. That will give buyers peace of mind that they won’t have to put much work into it and that it’s liveable until the time’s right for updating color schemes to their liking.
Interest Rates are Lower
The banks and lending institutions are well aware that this is the low season for home buying, that’s why buyers can find lower interest rates available to them. This will benefit you, the seller, as they will want to buy that house before the rates go up again.
Both home buyers and sellers can benefit from tax breaks when buying or selling a home before the year’s end.
Buyers will be able to deduct the interest paid on the mortgage – which is beneficial no matter how small of an amount. Another tax benefit for home buyers is the deduction of paying property taxes, as well as closing costs, in some cases.
Sellers will experience tax benefits as well, including the expenses of selling your home. Home sellers may also be able to write off any home improvements made in preparation for selling, as well as the closing costs involved in the sale.
Getting the Price You Want
As stated before, selling in the fall or winter will result in buyers that have a limited inventory to look at. You are more likely to get the price you want, within the market of course. One thing you can always be sure of is that pricing your home right will result in a quick sale. Buyers will find it advantageous to buy in the fall or winter months because there’s less of a chance that they will end up in a bidding war.
Home Improvement Sales
Planning for a fall or winter listing will provide you, and your buyers, with plenty of sales at your local hardware and furniture stores. You’ll find sales on a variety of home improvement items, as well as decor, furniture and lighting options.
As you can see, there are plenty of good reasons to sell your home in the fall or winter months. Don’t let someone tell you that’s it impossible, or difficult even. But there are some steps you should take to help your home sell. Ben Buys Indy Houses has put together this list to help you prepare your home for sale:
- Minimize the clutter in your home – less clutter allows the buyers to see the home for what it is
- Make sure it’s thoroughly cleaned – hire a cleaning service if you must, but get that home spic and span clean
- Make sure there are no lingering smells – running an essential oil diffuser helps
- Repaint – paint your rooms in neutral tones so it doesn’t detract from the space
- Think minimalist with decor – you want buyers to be able to picture themselves in your home so keep your pictures, paintings and furniture simple
- Light it up – open up curtains and shades to let the natural light come in and add lighting where it lacks
- Bring on the nature – have fresh cut flowers in vases or potted plants in an empty corner
- Organize your cupboards and closets – storage space sells so make sure your cupboards are neat and thinned out and the same for your closets
- Fix the little things – make sure all of those little tasks on your to-do list are completed, buyers will notice a light bulb that needs changed or a faucet that’s leaky.
BenBuys.wpengine.com can help you sell your home fast and for cash today. Watch this Youtube video to see what others have to say about working with Ben Buys Indy Houses.